Best Deer Call Reviews of 2017 – 2018
Are you a hunter looking for a psychological edge over bucks, deer and anything else? If your answer is yes, then you’ve hit the jackpot with this article. Whether you are a specialist huntsman, or a newcomer to hunting altogether, do read on.
Hunting is both a rewarding and challenging sport, but there is much more involved than just taking wild shots and hoping to hit some deer. It involves tactics, stealth and strategy. There is no better way to take down your target, than to become your target. A top-notch deer call will produce authentic, realistic sounds and have bucks thinking that you are their new next-door neighbor. This article will provide you with our best deer call reviews of 2017 - 2018, ensuring that you are well rewarded at the end of your hunting venture.
5 Top Rated Models Comparison Table
Flextone Bone Collector Buck Crusher
Knight & Hale Da’ Bone
Hunters Specialties True Talker
Brown with Yellow
Cass Creek - Ergo Handheld Electronic
The Best Deer Call Reviews of 2017 – 2018
Get To Know Your Deer Calls
- Grunt - All seasoned hunters should be familiar with the grunt. It’s the most common of deer calls. They are also effective, as they can be used for calling when a buck is not in sight. Blow two or three times every half an hour with long and short variations. This will provoke the buck to investigate the source of the sound. You can also effectively use it when a deer is in sight, but not within shooting range. If you use the grunt call when the buck is too close and facing you, it may be alarmed and run away. Use quick bursts when he is looking away.
- Bleat - Bleats calls are known for being simple to apply, and yet very effective. The nice thing about bleat calls is that they can draw in many bucks at once. As one buck searches the area, others will usually follow. The best way to achieve this is to combine bleats with grunts. This will make bucks think that a doe is being chased by a rival buck in the area, prompting them to locate the source.
- Snort Wheeze - The snort wheeze is a call that not many hunters use. But, if the opportunity arises, know that this has the potential to draw in the big boys. This call is one of supremacy and prompts a large buck into fighting mode, as he will believe that his territory is under threat. Two short bursts followed by a long one will get the party started. But only do this when the time is right, as they can easily be scared off.
- Rattle - The rattle replicates two bucks fighting and is an aggressive call. In order to pull off this simulation successfully, you need to keep track of the stages of battle, known as a “rut”. Not all ruts are all-out war, so you will need to incorporate the right rattle call according to rut’s intensity. Additionally, do not over rattle. This does not sound natural and your targets will immediately make a run for it. Opt for a small number of rattles when a dominant buck is around. If done correctly, he will move towards you, ready to show his authority.
Knowing your calls is a great way to start before deciding what call is right for you.
Things To Consider When Buying A Top Rated One
- Budget - Obviously budget plays a big part when purchasing one. Decide on the specific deer call that you want and take note of its features. Afterwards, look around and find a cheaper alternative with the same features. You will find that you can get the exact same deer call that meets your requirements, and quality standards, for a much more affordable price. Don’t settle for less, rather buy wisely.
- Weight and Mobility - While hunting, you are going to be venturing out in the woods and mountains. These can be vigorous, lengthy treks across diverse terrain. Take into consideration that you will be moving around to different lookout points throughout the day, not to mention climbing up trees with your tree stand. Having a lightweight, compact deer call is vital for your journey, and will make it far less tiring.
- Lifelike, Authentic Sounds - This is the most important factor to consider, and a fundamental one at that. If your deer call cannot deliver realistic sounds, the whole purpose of hunting is defeated. The aim is to successfully draw your targets towards you by tricking them into believing that they are hearing genuine calls. Also, make sure that it efficiently produces a variety of deer calls, or at least the deer calls needed for your particular hunt. There is no compromising when it comes to the authenticity of deer call sounds.
- Completely Silent - Silence is the key. The less noise you make, whether during set-up or while waiting for your target, the more likely you are to go home with the prize. Look for deer calls that are made out of soft materials to avoid unnecessary bumping and clanking sounds. The last thing you want is to scare off a buck the second before you make your shot because your deer call bumped a tree trunk or the bars on your stand.
Final Word on The Best Call for Deers Reviews of 2017 - 2018
At this point you certainly have all the knowledge and information you need to rule the woods, dominate the field and accomplish the ultimate takedowns. With that said and done, the call of the wild, so to speak, is at your fingertips. It’s now as simple as going out and getting your hands on the one best suited for you.Thanks for reading our best deer call reviews of 2017 - 2018, and keep carting those deers home, just be sure to leave some for the hunters!