Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier Reviews (2018)
Do you own a firearm? Are you a gun collector? Perhaps you’re an avid hunter? If so, then you should be familiar with how important gun upkeep is. We always get asked here "do gun safes need dehumidifiers?", well put it this way, guns can be expensive and are not items you can simply whip out pocket change for. Therefore, maintenance is essential if you want your firearms to continue to function effectively.
To achieve this, you have to have a gun safe dehumidifier. Most owners of firearms do not open their gun safes often. Some never do. But what is happening inside your safe is a large accumulation of moisture and humidity, since there is no air circulation. People do not open up their gun safe very often. Therefore, air does not circulate inside of it and as a result, your firearms start to rust and corrode. Then, before you know it, your gun no longer works. Thus, only the best dehumidifier will do.
So how do you know which one is the best? Look no further than this article. Here you will be provided with information and the best gun safe dehumidifiers reviews available on the market today. Get ready shooters, because this is going to help you out a lot. So let’s get stated.
Top 5 Rated Model Comparison Table
1. GoldenRod Original
100 cubic feet
2. Eva-dry E-333 Renewable Mini
333 cubic feet
3. Lockdown Rod
4. Barska 150G
100 cubic feet
5. Stack-On SPAD-1500 Rechargeable Cordless
100 cubic feet
Best Gun Safe Dehumidifier Reviews of 2018
Safety Tips and Precautions
- Know your firearm - Ensure that you know how to use your firearm. Read the instruction booklets and manuals fully. This includes knowing how to clean your gun, to how to remove bullets from the magazine.
- Keep you gun locked in a safe when not in use - Always keep your firearm locked in a safe when not in use. Never leave it lying around the house. This will prevent the firearm from being found by children, as well as burglars if your house is broken into.
- Use a gun locking tool for additional safety - When your gun is on you and not in a safe, make sure to use a gun locking tool for additional safety. The same way a safe is vital for keeping your gun secure, so too is a gun locking device crucial for your own safety and protection, as well as that of others.
- Go over safety precautions with your family and children - Upon purchasing a gun, or if you already own one, be certain that everyone in the house knows the dangers involved and all safety precautions. This is extremely important to carry out, especially if you have young children.
- Remove all ammunition and clean after use - Prior to returning your gun to its safe, make sure that you have removed all ammunition and cleaned it thoroughly. Make it a habit to do this every time you return from the range, hunting trip, or anywhere else where you have used your gun.
- Never point your gun in the direction of others - Never have your gun pointed in the direction of others. Whether you have the safety on, or if there are no bullets or magazine in it, always have your gun pointing away from people. This will prevent a catastrophe from happening if a bullet is accidently discharged.
- Do not alter of modify your firearm - Do not alter or modify your firearm in anyway. All attachments and separate extras are specifically designed by gun manufactures to suit your specific gun. Do not attempt to attach any home-made silencers, scopes, lasers or any other firearm additions.
- Always wear eye and ear protection - When at the shooting range or out hunting, make sure that you have efficient protection for your eyes and ears. Bullets can ricochet causing stones and debris to hit you in the eyes. Also, you can severely damage your eardrums without effective ear protection.
Ensure that everyone in your household is educated and aware of the storage of firearms.
What to Look Out for When Buying A Top Gun Safe Dehumidifier
- Go for compact - Pick a humidifier that is compact and doesn’t occupy too much space, especially is you own a number of guns.
- An adequate lifespan - Most top-quality battery operated dehumidifiers will run for a good 10 years. Double-check with the manufacturer that yours has a sufficient lifespan, and good gurantee to back it up.
- Suitable for all safes - Ensure that the humidifier is suitable for safes of various sizes. You may get a bigger safe someday or downsize, so make sure that your humidifier is compatible with many.
- Take electricity into account - If you choose a wireless dehumidifier, keep in mind that they use more electricity.
- Purchase batteries - In the case of a battery operated dehumidifier, don’t forget to purchase batteries. Buy enough so that you don’t need to run back and forth from the store.
- Electric outlet - Safes that don’t have an electric outlet require a hole to be drilled for the wire to run through. If you decide to go this route, do so with the correct tools only.
Final Word on The Best Dehumidifier for Gun Safes Reviews of 2018
Can you imagine Clint Eastwood’s gun suddenly not firing during one of those intense showdowns? A very upsetting thought indeed. Well, Clint never needed to worry because he never kept his gun in a safe. However, we are not cowboys, and have to keep our firearms in tip-top condition. Having a superior dehumidifier, custom-made for gun safes is the only way to go. This article has our best gun safe dehumidifier reviews guide, ensuring that you order the perfect model for your needs, and that your guns last you a lifetime like they’re meant to. Stay safe with a safe, and take care!