Best Gun Safe Under $1000 Review 2018
If you own firearms, then the importance of a reinforced and unbreakable safe is pretty obvious. Having your guns safety locked away prevents intruders from gaining access to them and family members, in particular children, from getting hold of them, playing with them, and ultimately suffering causing some serious damage. Therefore, a superior gun safe is not only required, it is your responsibly as a gun owner to have one.
Guns safes have hefty price tags which can deter firearm owners from purchasing one. Some people don’t have the funds to invest in an expensive safe, which is understandable. But this is no reason to jeopardize your safety, or that of anyone else.
This is the main reason why this article is so useful and informative, as it will provide you with a review of the best gun safes under $1000 for 2018. Safety should not come at an outlandish price. It is everyone’s right to always be secure and protected. With that said, let’s get started.
Top 5 Rated Model Comparison Table
1. BARSKA Biometric
16.5 x 7.75 x 14.5 inches
2. GunVault SV500 SpeedVault
6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches
3. Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access QAP1BE
3.2 in x 12.0 in x 9.9 inches
4. Large 5 Rifle Digital Electronic Lock
13.75 x 11.25 x 57.25 inches
5. Steelwater AMEGS592216-BLK
9 x 22 x 16 inches
Reviews of The Best Gun Safe Under $1000 of 2018
Important Things To Consider When Buying Good Gun Storage
- Highly-durable and reinforced door - The first, and most important feature to check thoroughly, is the gun safe’s door. This is the main point of entry, and what intruders look at for vulnerability. Most gun safes are constructed out of steel, therefore the smaller the gauge number, the thicker the material. Take note of the gauge. The different numbers provide various advantages, such as extra weight if thieves decide to try and lift it up and carry it away.
- Large door pins - Locking is done with large steel pins, also known as draw bolts. Naturally, the larger the bolts, the more difficult the safe is to open. Pins are situated on the corners, sides, top and bottom of doors, depending on the type and price of the safe. Ensure that it has, at the very least, strong pins on the sides. These are imperative for safeguarding your guns.
- Efficient locking mechanism - In addition to heavy-duty steel doors, a good locking mechanism is just as essential. Safes have manual locking or digital locking features. Some are equipped with both. As long as the mechanism offers effective and secure locking, it doesn’t matter which one it contains. Make certain that the safe also comes with override keys.
- Suitable storage capacity - Before choosing your gun storage, take the amount of guns you own into consideration. The more guns you have, the larger the safe’s interior will need to be. Also, note the size of your firearms. You may own only a few, but if they are big and bulky, you will still require lots of room for to accommodate them.
- Ease of access - As mentioned, manual and digital locking features are equally effective, but this must be coupled with swift and easy access. In the event of a life-threatening situation, you need to be able to open your safe and whip out your gun as quickly as possible. There is absolutely no time to waste during an emergency. Ensure that the safe you are considering to purchase allows for this, as getting your guns out the safe is as important as keeping them in it.
In an emergency, you need to be able to access your safe as easy as possible.
Different Types of Gun Safes
With gun safes being so popular with firearms owners in the US, there are so many different types of safe to choose from. Some are designed specifically for natural disasters, some for problems that may occur in the home, so let's have a little look at some of the different types you have available on the market today.
- Combination - Your standard go to gun safe for most people, although a little more time consuming to open, their longevity is usually better than other types of safe.
- Biometric - A very popular option amongst firearm owners these days due to their advanced security measures. Instead of using standard access methods, you use your finger print to gain access to them.
- Key Lock - Exactly as it says on the tin, you simply carry a key around that you use to open the safe. This method of course has security flaws and leaves you open to having your gun storage contents robbed.
- Fireproof - With so many fires occurring each year in the US alone, a lot of people are conscientious of this and want maximum protection in case a fire occurs.
- Flood Proof - Water damage and flooding is also quite a common occurrence in some parts of the US, that's why these types of gun safes are invaluable for people living with the threat of flooding.
This was just a short list of some of the most common types of gun storage safes out there. There are of course many other options that you choose from, so have a look around to see if any specific type fits the bill.
How Often Should I Clean My Firearm Storage?
There is no magic number to how often you should give attention to your storage, though it is good practice to give it a quick check at least once a month to ensure that it still opens smoothly. Set a date once a year to give it a full-service, ensuring that you give the hinges and lock a good oil and clean. You also want to do your best all year round to prevent your storage from rusting in any way. The most efficient and cost effective way to do this is by purchasing a good dehumidifier, this will take care of any heat or moisture that gets trapped in your safe that ultimately leads to rusting.
Final Thoughts on The Best Under $1000 Gun Safe Reviews of 2018
As you can see, there are many excellent gun safes available on the market, and they don’t cost an arm and a leg. These safes will assure that you sleep well at night and that your handguns are secure, while jointly instilling the self-assurance that you and your loved ones are always safe and secure. Don’t take a chance by locking your gun in a draw or cupboard, it is dangerous and reckless. Go out today and get one of these gun safes. It could be the determining factor in a life or death situation. Thanks for reading our best gun safe under 1000 dollars reviews of 2018, and remember, always stay safe!