Top 5 Best Hunting Face Mask Reviews of 2019
Our experts like to share product recommendations with you and hope you like them! Just to make you aware, CatchThemEasy may collect a small share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Americans have a long tradition of hunting. A recent survey showed that as much as a third of Americans participate in hunting, fishing, and outdoor activities. To enjoy the great outdoors to its fullest, you will need face protection. There are many bugs and critters you must watch out for when out hunting, and a mask is the best way to protect your face.
You also don’t want your prey seeing you when you are trying to stalk in or create an ambush. A face mask is a much less messy alternative to camouflage paint. It is also far less time consuming as you are removing the need to apply and remove the paint sticks.
Of course, you don’t want the mask you choose to affect your line of sight or ability to move quickly through whatever terrain to are hunting in. There are many products out there on the market claiming to be the best, but how do you know which one you should choose? The good news is we have done the research for you. Let us take a closer look at some hunting masks that will give you this protection.
Top 5 Rated Model Comparison Table
Best Hunting Face Mask: Our Top 5 Picks
The mask is tight-fitting and comfortable to wear for almost all sizes of head. It can be used in hunting and outdoor sports like mountain climbing, hiking, biking, and running. Cost wise the mask is in the more affordable range, so it beats some of the others when it comes to value for money.
The mask is made from a mesh-like material that is 100% nylon. The material fits snugly over the skin and is stretchable. It has a cool, ninja look and camouflage pattern. Length: 35CM(13.78in), Width: 21CM(8.27in).
- Cool in summer, the mesh-like material dissipates heat efficiently.
- Is not bulky, and can be worn under any helmet or on its own.
- It is easy to breathe through the material.
- Effectively protects against mosquitoes and gnats.
- The camouflaged design will hide the hunter from sight to allow him to get close to his prey.
- The tight fit will reduce movement over the ears, thus reducing localized noise generation. The thin material will not affect hearing too much.
- The large opening over the eyes will allow for a clear line of sight and will not reduce visibility.
- Affordable price.
- Do not protect against the cold.
- The material is kind of thin and will tear when caught on thorns or splintered branches.
- The camouflaged design will make it difficult for other hunters to see you.
- Because it fits so tight, putting it on and taking it off can be a bit bothersome.
- The thin mesh-like material will not be able to withstand a lot of washing cycles, reducing the longevity of the mask.
- Comes in one size only. If you have a large head, it will not fit you.
Eighty-five percent of customers gave this product an average to excellent rating.
The mask can be used for turkey, duck, and bowhunting. This camouflage face mask comes with free shipping and is priced slightly above the affordable range. It is a versatile mask and a good addition to any hunters arsenal.
The mask is made out of a lightweight, polyester quick-drying material. This colored camo mask fits any size of the head and is comfortable to wear the whole day.
- Affordable price.
- Can fit any size head.
- The mask is breathable, and it is made from mesh.
- Do not obstruct the view.
- You can wear glasses with the mask.
- High quality and durable material. Soft yet tough.
- It is comfortable, and it does not irritate or make the skin itch.
- Is long enough to protect the neck.
- The material is not elastic enough.
- The lower part of the visor is very loose. Gravity keeps on pulling it down, exposing the nose.
Eighty-two percent of customers rate the mask from good to excellent.
The mask is used in winter conditions. The camo design allows for all kinds of hunting and is very well suited for skiing. The mask is well priced at the midrange for hunting masks. Obviously not the best choice in summer but it is usually the case that you will need both if you hunt all year round.
Camo pattern blends well into hunting backgrounds for the optimum concealment. Is made from a wind-resistant fabric paneling to protect vulnerable areas from the elements. An easy breathable mesh-like material covers the mouth and nose. Length:15.2 inches. Width: 10.2 inches. Thickness: 0.5 inches.
- The mesh panel allows breathing without fogging up of glasses in cold weather.
- The long length covers the face, nose, mouth, and neck.
- Versatile hood with a hinge design can be worn in several ways from hunting mask to neck gaiter.
- Stretchable to fit most heads.
- Fits comfortably under a hat without feeling bulky.
- Wind resistant.
- Must wear an extra garment in freezing weather underneath the mask to keep warm.
- A bit tight around the nose.
- The cut out for the eye area is awkward. The edge is too close to the bottom and corners of your eyes. The poor design around the eyes also limits your vision.
- The cloth is made from flame-retardant material. The chemicals may be harmful to the body.
- The tag underneath the mask causes your neck to itch.
- Tends to get a bit moist over the mouth area after a while.
Ninety-two percent of customers gave a rating of good to excellent.
The mask can be worn all year round, which sets it apart from a lot of its rivals. The main property that makes ScentLok stand out from other masks is its scent neutralizing ability. It is priced slightly above the midrange for hunting masks so it will stretch your budget a little bit.
Made from polyester, it is both comfortable and very silent. Infused in the fabric is a carbon alloy that neutralizes odor. Animals will not be able to detect your presence based on their most potent sense, smell. The outer layer is treated with a moisture repellent substance. The design of the inner layer will wick sweat away from the skin. The facemask is hinged, increasing versatility and movement. Mesh cover over the ears will not block sounds, and the facemask can be pulled down if needed. Length:18 inches. Width: 10. inches. Thickness: 1 inch.
- The mask is hot.
- No odors will escape from your head to scare away wildlife.
- The material is very silent.
- Mesh over the ears do not block sound.
- The facemask is extremely large. It fits like a sack over your head.
Seventy-eight percent of customers rate it from good to excellent.
The hunting mask is one of the best quality hat-mask combinations in the hunting industry. Just put it on, and the three-dimensional design will hide you instantly. It can also protect you from flying beasts which is something you really want in a mask. The mask is priced at the more expensive spectrum of the market.
The bucket hat will break up the outline of your face without blocking your sight or impairing your hearing. The three-dimensional design allows you to blend in seamlessly. The face mask comes in different sizes.
- Guaranteed invisibility to animals.
- Can accommodate glasses.
- Will protect against sunlight and UV rays.
- The moisture-wicking, quick-drying material breathes to keep you cool in summer.
- The hat breaks up the outline of your face.
- It is made of good quality material.
- It comes in different sizes.
- The loose-fitting mask makes a rustling sound when you move.
- The size selection is too small. Some heads are between available sizes, causing fitment issues.
- The mask does not hang low enough.
- The hat is flimsy and not washable.
- The back of the neck is exposed.
Ninety-three customers gave the mask a rating of good to excellent.
Must-Have Features in Hunting Face Masks
A good hunting facemask must regulate temperature, maintain good vision, hide you from prey, and be comfortable to wear the whole day. It must also not impair your hearing. Knowing a little bit about what is important and choosing the right material and design will achieve the required outcome.
It is lightweight, breathable, and you will be able to hear well through the mask. Will prevent heat build-up in summer but will not add any warmth in the winter either.
Will provide better insulation than mesh. Fleece will keep you warm in winter. Keep in mind the thick material may block sounds.
Will block the wind and provide excellent heat retention. The material is also waterproof.
The mask must have a camouflage design to hide you from the prey. Three-Dimensional design is preferable.
The visor of the mask must be big enough to allow for a clear field of vision.
The mask must not be too big or too small as this will cause discomfort. It must fit just right so you can wear it all day and all night if required.
FAQs about Hunting Face Masks
Will the mask fog up my glasses and make it difficult to see my targets?
Answer: If the mask is made from the correct material, it will not fog up glasses, so make sure you check out the product’s reviews before you buy it.
Does the mask always keep mosquitoes and other insects out of my facial area and vision?
Answer: Yes, not only mosquitoes, any flying or crawling bug will not get through your hunting face mask.
I have a large head. Will the mask fit comfortably?
Answer: Yes, If it is made from stretchable material, the mask will hug the contours of your face. Always check to make sure the mask will fit well enough not to hinder your hunting.
How breathable is the front panel?
Answer: As long as the front panel is made from mesh, it should be very breathable.
I had a fleece one, and the wind blew right through it, is this normal?
Answer: Fleece is excellent for heat retention but not so, much for wind protection.
Polyester will block the wind so you need to take the environment into consideration.
Is the mask flame resistant?
Answer: Some masks have a flame retardant agent in the material. Be careful, because washing can remove the retardant. You should never take this risk and re-treat if you are unsure.
Will the mask be scratchy and irritate my skin?
Answer: Make sure the mask is lined with felt on the inside. A nylon inner part will irritate the skin after a while. If your skin is usually sensitive, you should be careful during extended periods of use.
Will I be able to smoke a cigarette while I wear the mask?
Answer: If the mask is made from an elastic material and the eye visor is big enough, you will be able to pull it down. It is probably best to save the smoking for when you can take a break from the mask though.
Compared to the other four masks, the Ergodyne N-Ferno stands out as the best. For a very reasonable price, you will get a mask that meets all the requirements. Getting bitten all day long while out in the field can be a massive issue, and this mask offers the best protection available on the market.
Both customers and users gave this product the best feedback so we would recommend it as the number one option. Get yourself protected with the right mask for you. Happy hunting!