The Best Climbing Tree Stand Reviews of 2018
Whether you are an expert hunter or a newbie still working on your technique, having a top-quality climbing tree stand will take your game to the next level, literally. A tree stand not only provides you with aerial and stealth advantages, but it also makes for a more efficient and productive hunting experience. A top-notch tree stand will provide you with a safe, comfortable and secure nest, while you wait for your approaching target.
With enthusiasts opting for tree stands nowadays, the wide variety makes it difficult to know which is the right climbing tree stand for you. So, how do you choose? This article will provide you with our best climbing tree stand reviews of 2018, ensuring that you get your hands on the perfect one. With that said, let’s get cracking.
Top 5 Rated Models Comparison Table
1. Summit Treestands Viper SD
2. Lone Wolf Sit & Climb Combo II
For Carrying Around
3. Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II
4. X-Stand Deluxe
5. Guide Gear Extreme Deluxe
Ease of setup
The Best Climbing Tree Stand Reviews of 2018
Things To Consider When Buying The Best One
- Sufficient weight capacity - You need to take into consideration that, besides your body weight, you also have extra gear that stacks on extra pounds. Ensure that the tree stand you purchase can support both you, and all the equipment you plan to take with. The last thing you want is to fall out of a tree.
- Comfortable seat - The reason it is essential for a climbing stand’s seat to be well–padded and comfortable, is because you are going to be spending lengthy periods of time up in those trees. You may wait hours until you have a target in sight. This can lead to muscle strain and stiffness, which will not only hamper you hunting abilities, but will also leave you having to loosen up tension because your next trip out.
- Tough and resilient - You never know what weather conditions may come your way while outdoors. Even if you checked the forecast, unexpected rainfall and winds can occur without warning. A durable, heavy-duty climbing tree stand that can withstand harsh weather conditions is vital. Top-quality climbing tree stands are made from aluminum which is virtually indestructible.
- Safe and Secure - Always check that the stand you have chosen is equipped with all the necessary safety features. Make sure that it has a safety harness, safety straps, an appropriate weight capacity and everything else to guarantee your well-being. If, by chance, any of any safety items are not included, be sure to obtain them separately. Remember, it’s dangerous out there, and accidents can be avoided by taking the right security measures and thoroughly inspecting the stand.
- Noise - Because hunting is all about stealth, you want the model you select to be as silent as possible getting in and out of. As well as that, you want to ensure that the stand does not create a lot of noise when putting it up or taking it down.
Avoid anything that is tricky to assemble and creates a lot of noise or disturbance in the area.
Summit Treestands Front Storage Bag, Mossy Oak Camo
A good storage bag always comes in handy when venturing out with extra gear. Summit Treestands Front Storage Bag has an enormous storage capacity, and is also useful on ladder, hang on and tripod stands. The inside magnetic latches ensure that you maneuver in complete silence. Additional space is provided by way of the front-zippered storage bag and external drawstring and zipper pockets. Heading out with this means you won’t be leaving any equipment behind.
Hunter Safety System Elite Vest
No hunter would be complete without these vital safety vests. One that shines above the rest is the Hunter Safety System Elite. It has taken the design of ordinary vests to the next level with its innovative construction and added features. It is lightweight, so moving around and scaling trees is swift, but it is also highly durable and able to endure the severest conditions. The elite Right-Fit zone caters for all sized hunters and allows for full flexibility. The Hunter Safety System Elite is fitted with the distinctive Six-Plus-Two pocket design which sports two deep-well pockets, two accessory pockets and two hand warmer pockets. A nice amount of accessories are also provided and include; suspension deer drag, an adjustable tree strap and an Instructional DVD.
Another accessory that's very popular is tree stand blinds. These are handy covers for your stand that are great for concealment and protection, as sometimes you can stick out like a sore thumb which defeats the whole point of being stealth while hunting. Also you can be exposed to the elements sitting on a tree stand all day, a blind that's waterproof and has a roof offers good protection.
Similar to a blind, a tree stand umbrella is designed to protect you from the wind, rain and snow by providing you with a roof or canopy over your head. Typically if you bought a blind with an overhead protector you would not need one of these, however, if you went for a blind for wind protection that has no overhead cover then you buy one of these along with it. They are typically cheap being under $50 roughly and are great for some extra protection for long periods of sitting in your tree stand.
There you have it, our buying guide with the best climbing tree stand reviews in 2018. By reading this article, there is now no need for you to endure all the grueling and time-consuming searching and reading involved with finding a top rated tree stand. You also hopefully have a concrete understanding of their importance and benefits, especially if you are a novice. No matter what you specifications or requirements are, you will definitely be walking out the store with the prefect stand for you. Have fun and keep safe always!